Friday, September 11, 2009

11/9/09

Was very worried for the last few days due to the research presentation... Or I should say tis was da 1st time I scare to present in front of everyone... as I nvr worried of any presentation b4 tis... perhaps I wasn't confident... I dont know wat m I doing the whole year regarding tis research... sent my report to my supervisor 3x but she not even have a look on them... cnt blame her also cz she is very busy... my boss U48 said my research setting have lotsa probs... alot of bad comments, they ask me to thk of how shld I explain avthg...

So, v were asked to present on 10.9.09... (means my 9.9.09 wasnt happy, hehe) V were asked to prepared a presentation nt longer thn 15mins, despite how long & how many outcome is our research... smore invited 1 prof & 1 phd student from local uni as judges... so geng... oimeh... the game is getting more & more scary wei...

Was the 2nd prp to present... da 1st prp didnt really finish his presentation in 15minutes time... He got compliant by the boss making me even worried... lotsa Qs on him during Q&A as well...

'sekarang silakan prp ye ke-2, Lau Wee Yeaw, tajuk research 'cost & reason of unused medicines in Hospital Serdang'...

Take a deep breath, tell myself I cnt let anyone realise tht Im not confident... cz confident is da oni advantage on me against other plp...

'A very good morning to Prof. Rosnani, Cik Farida..........
(no more scare after da 1st slide... getting more & more confident as if Im a prof., keep using datas from oversea studies to 'tat' them, hoping for less Qs during Q&A ltr...)

'Ding Ding' - 10mins passed... (yup, so 'kua cheong' tht they actually use tht bell to remind the presenters on the time left... fuiyo...

was 2 slides slower compared to the time I practise at home tht ngam ngam finish in 15mins... tell myself muz speed up but muz not missed out any important pts... ohya, & muz 'tat' them with more oversea studies...


'Ding ding ding' - 15mins passed... & me:'so and the conclusion is bla bla bla....' with a very confident & kurang belasah expression i guess...
'& tht's all on my topic today, thx... an Q??'

agn w/o preparing 'bei tan yi' (cantonese) at da 1st place, I ans all Qs they shoot me & shoot them back with... u noe... OVERSEA STUDIES...

My othr prp frens told me ' U did it very the good'... & my supervisor U44 gave me a welldone kinda expression... pretend like ntg but act I was sooooo happy & excited cz it's OVER... it's finally OVER... the thgs tht has been bothering me since January 09 has juz ended... tried to concentrate for the next presenter, cz for me, I oways thk she has the greatest knowledge & skills among prps... & yup, she did a very good presentation...

& bla bla bla... (10th prp's presentation ended 12.40pm)

'sekarang silakan prof. Rosnani, cik Farida & etc to discuss on their performance & gv a overall comment (yup, she act mentioned overall comment, make me thk tht it's end adi, I wnt kena anythg anymore...) who noes after 10mins... they passed a paper to the MC... & the MC said 'sekarang saya hendak announce top 3 presenter this year.. (soli la I duno announuce in malay is wat ma) wth??? got ranking smore ar... oimeh... oimeh... oimeh... y our research is like super try hard one??

so, the 3rd one was - topic 'the %$@^&* of/on #$%^&*'... HooYeeYin... (clap hand...) - the one tht I tot is the best...
thn, the 2nd one was - topic 'the &^%*#@! of/on &^%*... Tiffany Yap... (clap hand...)
har da 2 tht i tot was the best got 2nd & 3rd... who will b da 1st?? shldnt b me gua...

MC: '& the winner is - who..'.... I actually heard some frps behind saying 'weeyeaw weeyeaw'

topic ' the ABCD of/on WXYZ'... LAUWEEYEAW !!!
& u wil realise all topic oso start with a word 'THE', with 'OF/ON' in btw...

Wasnt expecting tht coming... but was real happy...
my supervisor gave tht kinda 'goodjob welldone' expression agn...

& thn comment from prof. & U52... prof. said sthg very scary 'like the winner, i thk u cn actually publish ur research... if u dunmind getting more workload...' I din gv face terus say ' nola, dont wana publish'... thn agn they commented my slides was the best overall... very easy to get all data... interesting, confident etc etc... too many compliment I wana fly away liao...

at the same time, those frps who came late (tht didnt c me present actually borrowed my research report to have a look... some ask me to re-present next time... but I was thking the Prof is juz too nice la... Im nt as good as wat she said... mayb she juz lik the way i design my slides im nt sure... but really wasnt tht good actually... My supervisor came to me & say:'u tahu tak, lepas u present ar, banyak frps datang cakap dengan saya u punya presentation baik, kemungkinan besar dapat no1'... wah shld capture down her expression... she was so proud la... hehe... I asked her if any reward for me... who noes she said 'bagi u pergi makan lunch 1pm instead of 2pm la (cz in OPD my lunch time is 2-3pm, u noe la after all frps finish makan adi oni my turn)... ok, I appreciate my oni reward...

Altho it was really a very stressful study, but it has a happy ending... thx to a few frps tht oways ask me nt to wori... especially our ex-DIS boss Celine told U48 dont havna worry abt mine cz she believe I cn do a very good one (whn U48 thk my research sux...) special thx to SuMiin helped me to type the Questionnaire form... & ofcz my dear who tahan my bad tempered few days b4 presentation...

learned alot from this... hardwork pays off...

No comments: